Sunday, December 6, 2015

December 6 --Laryssa Wirstiuk

Enjoy the Looking

At the Getty Villa
in Malibu, a docent shows me myself
                                                            thirty years
from now: how
I’ll be wearing  a batik blouse
and smart,
                                                            red-framed
                                                            specs; wire
                                                            necklace;
                                                            salty hair.
                                                How
I’ll be the one saying:
“Don’t pay
attention
to what
they want                    you
to think.”
I wish
she could walk
me through all
exhibits,
be                                with me in this
poem,
show me how                          to see anything
as lovely                                  as a tree without
                                                            influence.
Above                                                  the Pacific,
our docent suggests,
            “Enjoy the looking.”
                                                But how without regrets?





No comments:

Post a Comment